Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Amazing.. Have you ever thought of this ?

If a man is crossing the river
and an empty boat collides with his own skiff,
even though he be a bad-rempered man
he will not become very angry.
but if he sees a man in the boat,
he will shout to him to steer clear,
and if the shout is not heard he will shout
again, and yet again, and begin cursing - 
and all because there is somebody in that boat.
Yet if the boat ewere empty
he would not be shouting, and he would not be angry.

Osho, The Empty Boat

Indeed, I have many times thought that if my house, my things, all my material posessions would be gone with the tsunami, burnt down with volcano eruption or swept away by flood, I'd be very upset at first, but then - happy - happy to start anew, to have my old stuff gone, seeing this as a mark that I don't need it any more, I would not be angry at all. But if someone is taking all that away, I would be furious, blaming that someone, blaming myself, blaming the time and space and everything around, I would be hurt - just because it is someone - a person.
It is totally amazing how I think that a person wants to hurt me, to be unjust to me, while accepting the fact that the whole existence, the nature and the higher powers are always just and do only what is best for me.
But people are the same way a part of existence, a part of nature, like flood, or volcano, or wind, and what they do is the same way best for me, always.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment